Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nov 12 - What Did I Say About Saturdays?

Oh, that's right, I said Saturdays made sense. You may as well know that I was high (or worse) when I said that, because this particular Saturday made no sense. If I were to make a list of everything that went right, it would look like this:
  1. I went to the gym and worked out for an hour
Now, if I were to make a list of everything that went wrong, it would look something like this:
  1. I broke one of the triggers we built for the GameCube Portable
To the naked eye, these lists look to be equal equal length. But in reality, the Gone Wrong list is much, much longer. The trigger was sort of already broken, and when we actually noticed the problem, I took the lead and broke it some more while try to fix it.

In itself, this is bad enough. Context is everything, however - we noticed the problem at the exact moment we started to (finally) assemble the finished GameCube Portable. Our assembly step was over before it even began. And just to pile on the pain, we have no spares for the part that broke. Know why? We broke our 2 spares while trying to build the original trigger mechanism.

So, we need to repair the trigger somehow before we can proceed with assembly. And to repair the trigger, we'll need to find a new/used GameCube controller that we can rip apart - all to find a potentiometer thingamajig about the size of a fingernail:


Can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments: