Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Yin for a Yang


For every Red Robin there has to be an Immortal Weapons.

As for the former, I went ahead and picked up issue #4. The good news: something happens besides panel after panel of introspective sulking whilst staring out windows. The bad news: there is still a lot of sulking - well, you get the picture. Still, I keep buyng these like the beaten dog who still manages a tail wag with the hope that my master will find a heart. I feel dirty.

In contrast, I enjoyed the hell out of Immortal Weapons #1 - enough to pickup #2. The good: issue #1's Fat Cobra 'origins' storyline was a heckuva tale. Being new to the character, the writing was 3-dimensional enough to make me care. I like that. The bad: I understand that each issue will be created by a different team - story and art. This means I could be in for a disappointment down the line, but I'll buy it just to see.

And when all else fails, I have a small stack of Gotham City Sirens that I have yet to get to. And I like bad girls just fine.

3 comments:

Pagan Mnemosyne said...

I've been looking at the Immortal Weapons books, but have been tap dancing on the fence, proverbial or otherwise. I'll take the leap, because you pushed.

Jim Dandy and I were discussing good comics tonight, so here's what we like:

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN
ULTIMATE COMICS AVENGERS
AGENTS OF ATLAS
BATMAN AND ROBIN

We hate BLACKEST NIGHT, but everyone does.

I will stand alone and say I'm loving G.I. JOE, and G.I.JOE ORIGINS. But I"m not sure JD feels the same way. The way he held that taser spoke volumes.

Pagan Mnemosyne said...

Oh, and INVINCIBLE.

Crazylegs said...

You guys are the best. INVINCIBLE sounds interesting, and you can never go wrong with AVENGERS or SPIDER-MAN. I've been getting into PREACHER a little bit, too.

Like I say, I really IMMORTAL WEAPONS #1. I've yet to crack the cover on #2, but my fingers are crossed.

And, yes, BLACKEST NIGHT is still pretty crappy.