Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Major Never Dies

I ran across a video today that takes me back to a time before I knew about cynicism, anxiety attacks, and harmonized sales tax. A time when Saturday morning was all about cartoons and sugary cereals. A time when a bendable plastic astronaut told me what the future would be like. A time when my blogging didn't channel a Stuart McLean monologue. Now I know that we covered this territory some time ago, but classics are timeless.

Get close to the TV now - close enough to feel the screen-static tickle your nose. Snuggle nice and deep into the shag carpet, feel the red-dye rush from a mouthful of Froot Loops, and remember how things used to be...

4 comments:

David Webb said...

Such good memories of those Saturday mornings. And black-and-white shag downstairs in the tv room. Faux wood paneling on the walls, and a huge tv that had a giant channel knob. And a broken v-hold. Good times. But I can't believe I had all the MMM stuff and let it go. Man, that was dumb. I blame G.I. Joe.

Crazylegs said...

I hear you. Watching that commercial reminded me that I had just about every damn piece of MMM plastic - accumulated over countless birthdays and Christmases. And now - nothing.

Pagan Mnemosyne said...

I have never seen this. Are you sure you and David didn't have a different television set than me?

Crazylegs said...

Well, you *did* need one of those old sets that could dial Channel 0.