Thursday, September 10, 2009

Feeling Slightly Dirty

So I applied today to be a member of the Walt Disney World Mom's Panel (gender issues notwithstanding). Their 2010 application process began this morning and will last for 10 days or 20,000 applicants (whichever comes first). I'm vying for one of the 20 coveted spots - not good odds.

So what's this Mom's Panel, right? Basically, you spend a year as a sort of volunteer Disney World travel planner. People write into a website with the Disney World questions, and the Mom's provide answers. The commitment is 12 months and a minimum of 15 questions per week.

Simple, really.

There's not much in the way of compensation, other then whatever good feelings one gets helping other people and talking about Disney World. I'm down for both since I've been known to occasionally darken the door of certain websites for just such a purpose. Yes, I like going to Disney World and, yes, I like helping people plan their own trips.

I recognize there is the cynical perspective that Disney is getting free help here - good feelings in exchange for a virtualized call center (sort of). That's okay. I don't mind.

Oh, and there is the free trip to Disney World each Mom gets for a bit of training. So wish me luck!

2 comments:

David Webb said...

Hey, I was going to do that too. But I won't now 'cause I don't want to ruin your chances.

Just think, if you win, you too can be interviewed by Lou Mongello. That is to say, you too can listen to Lou wax poetic for 45 minutes. And that's just the intro to the interview.

Crazylegs said...

You should enter David. I'd love to hear you be interviewed by Lou while you called out the MiceCast guys. It would be podcast gold, man.