Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back Through The Looking-Glass


I'm back from the parallel universe that is Florida. By turns it was an entertaining and (sometimes) deeply weird trip. I'll be sharing some of this goodness in posts to come - including a bit of video exposing some Disney Darkness that may impress you as being far more disturbing than Tigger throwing punches at paying guests.

In the meantime, let me play catch-up and answer a few questions and comments that were waiting for me:

David - I hear you, brother. I won't divulge the number of times I've found myself at Disney World since my first encounter with 'the magic' at 15 (ahem..it's in the double digits). It will always hold a soft spot in my shrunken, cynical heart, too. I simply love it there.

KD - There's no request too large coming from our own Patron Saint of Geekiness. Chlorine, refuse, and singing urchins? Done and done! Look for the video evidence in the days to come. Just for you my friend.

Sonny - Alas, Mister Toad's Wild Ride was closed a few years back to make way for a Winnie the Pooh attraction at the Magic Kingdom. It was a sentimental fave of mine, but I have no real favourite ride. Peter Pan is a must-do as is Pirates of the Caribbean. Both simply take me back to happy times past. I will allow that Mission:Space at EPCOT is sort of a fave. Any ride that pulls 3 Gs (seriously) and causes a blood vessel in my eye to burst (not kidding) must definitely rock.

There is so much to share, so stay tuned!

No comments: