Friday, November 25, 2011

Nov 23 - What Would Oscar Wilde Say?

The 'cultures' found in the Facebook and Twitter communities fascinate me, but I don't feel like I fit in very well in either place. Wittier humans that I have tread this ground, of course, and the differences between these communities have, themselves, become their own memes. It seems to break down like this:

Your Mom uses Facebook. Your Friends use Twitter.

That's not true, of course. But it's the rule-of-thumb I keep in mind when I pass through those places - and I suspect I'm not alone here. To consider the evidence, I made a graph:



Science and Math prove that my main purposes for these popular social media tools are to share pictures of my cat and lure people to this very site (under the pretense of entertainment). So let's just wrap this up by giving people what they want:

No comments: