Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nov 11 - And There You Go

The planets aligned so nicely for an enjoyable Nov 11: Skyrim goes g/a and the kids have school. My wife would normally be at work, but she opted to take a vacation day - all the while acknowledging that, you know, Skyrim does go g/a.

I joined a small gaggle of geeks as the doors to Future Shop opened at 10am, and we formed an orderly mob all looking for their copy of Skyrim. I paid for my purchase and went straight home to pop it in the Xbox.

Glorious!

All the time in the world to goof off with my new video game, but such dreams were dashed on the rocky shores of Responsibility. We needed groceries, we needed cat food, my wife needed some help with other errands - from these tasks I could not shirk.

Don't get me wrong, I did get a few hours of slack-jawed goofiness running my Dark Elf through the mountains of Tamriel. But a family needs to eat, right?

No comments: