Monday, April 02, 2007

Glistening With Irony

My musical tastes are pretty weird sometimes - and I'm betting that's pretty normal, actually. But I can't say that I've ever been a huge fan of Alanis Morissette. Some of her stuff I kinda like, most of her stuff I don't. She's just kind 'there', you know?

But I have to admit, she's got that sliver of genius somewhere inside. Her video rendition of that donkey-sucking My Humps is so achingly sad and scathing all at the same time. Or maybe I'm just thinking too hard.

6 comments:

Sheena said...

Jesus, like show me ONE frickin blog today that isn't showing that.

And no I have not watched it yet.

Crazylegs said...

I know - I'm embarrassed at thinking I was somehow being 'leading edge' here. I noticed Raymi beat me, as did more of the Innertubes. Just wish I hadn't let me fleeting sense of hipness make get that piercing last night. Christ it hurts.

Pagan Mnemosyne said...

My wife has been mistaken for Ms. Morrissette twice--once by a waitress in a restaurant who didn't believe her when she insisted she wasn't her.

CL--thanks for the link to this video. I thought Alanis had stopped being interesting when she started smiling every day.

David Webb said...

Who cares if you are the first or firsty-seventh to link to the video (sorry Sheena). Your commentary makes it your own. Achingly sad and scathing are great adjectives for this publicity stunt. If only there were some green slime, then all would be right with the world.

Sheena said...

Yeah, well, I saw Alanis's's ass crack when she bent over to get her luggage at the Ottawa airport a couple of years ago. SO THERE DAVE!

David Webb said...

Sheena,

Your Kung-fu is greater. I now withdraw to my mountain lair to wash aforementioned image from my mind.