- A terribly unclever putdown based on a variant of 'tard'; as in "what a (re)tard he is!".
- Recognition of a lack of overall timeliness in personal and professional matters.
- A character from a wildly unsuccessful series of Young Persons mystery novels written by Franklin W. Dixon's younger and lesser-know brother, Stan
If you guessed (3), your trivia knowledge is reasonably impressive, but not quite (the rest of you should refer to Wikipedia).
Which leaves us with the correct answer of (2) and my sincere apologies to my legions of regular readers for a lack of new stuff as of late. No excuses are offered other than, "I've been busy". While my fingers have made only the most fleeting contact with my keyboard this week, I do have a mental backlog (insert the obvious joke here) of posts that may/may not entertain and/or bore you all.
Some possible posts in the days ahead may opine on such diverse subjects as:
- why I'm mad at CBC Radio
- how landscapers make me feel inadequate about my body image and my choice of fashions
- how to have fun with 45,000 pounds of water
- the awesome responsibility of having too many books
- 'NSYNC had 4 guys who weren't gay?
- and many, many more!