Friday, November 09, 2012

LOLWut?


This is a play in 1 Act, inspired by an actual event that happened a few days ago at the place where I work.

INT. OFFICE BUILDING ELEVATOR - DAY (LUNCHTIME)

Crazylegs is on an elevator on its way to the ground floor. It stops to pickup more passengers - the doors opening to let two middle-aged men, Bob and Tom, onto the elevator. Crazylegs steps to the rear and observes. Bob sniffs the air in an obvious fashion.

BOB
Hey! I smell fries. Someone got their lunch, I guess. Smells good!

TOM
It does smell good. Definitely the kind of smell that guys notice. I'll follow that smell anywhere when I'm hungry. 

BOB
Well I do like my fries. My wife hates fries, though. We hardly ever have them at home. I think I'd like some fries right now!

TOM
That's what I mean. The smell of fries does something to men. We should get some fries.

There is a pause in the conversation. Crazylegs avoids any eye contact while Bob and Tom study the display above the door, watching the floor numbers change.

BOB
Do you think it works on gay guys - the frie smell thing?

TOM
I'm not sure. Maybe it does... Hey - don't ask, don't tell! Right? Am I right?

Bob and Tom chuckle in that way that only frie-loving manly-men can chuckle. The elevator doors open and the occupants leave. Crazylegs makes a point of lagging behind a little bit, just to think for a moment and try to make sense of things.

As a post-script to this little vignette, I can confirm that neither Bob or Tom bought french-fries for lunch that day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! You poor, poor man! I hope you win the lottery today so you can get out of there.

Alexis Shabadoo Jr. said...

It's a Kevin Smith film. If they walk out into gunfire, it's a Tarantino project.

Plumsauce10 said...

Wow, I had no idea how hetersexual and manly fries are... this has changed my whole outlook on life.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The idea of a Theater of cruelty was first introduced by Antonin Artaud to describe a form of theatre that he hoped would unleash unconscious responses in audiences and performers that were normally inaccessible.

Lincoln Madison said...

It was not required to have different numbers for each state. As days passed, the Toll Free Numbers became a hot favorite and it was considered as a smart business to advertise a Toll Free Numbers.