Sunday, August 15, 2010

Spammity Spam

Anyone who takes the time to leave a comment (or read what others have to say) will notice I've turned on the dreaded and annoying CAPTCHA feature (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart). This is the little hangnail that makes you repeat a random set of letters and numbers to prove that you're not a spambot. As you can guess, I've been innundated with offers of good wishes, large genatalia, and web-based fortune-making - to the point where I'm tired of deleting such shite.

So for you kind souls who take pity and leave a comment from time to time, I hope this is not a pain in the ass. And for those who lurk and nothing more (I'm looking at you Disboards), just ignore this post.

3 comments:

David Webb said...

I love CAPTCHAs! It's like getting a new word of the day with every comment. Look what I have here, "Oprosiso", that could be Spanish for oppression. But only a middling kind of oppression that sort of pisses you off, but won't make you rebel.

Crazylegs said...

Wow! You've opened my eyes, David. And now I'm sad - sad that I don't get the CAPTCHAs on my own blog. I'm too trustworthy, which means I'll have to make up my own words.

How about 'Vvzakz'? That's probably the best damn brand of beet juice you can buy in the entire Komi Republic.

Hey! Fun!

David Webb said...

A fine beer that Vvzakz. Some say it's the best in the entire "Cosms" region of northern Komi.